Thursday, January 9, 2014

...more grocery shopping

Though I just went grocery shopping two days ago, today I decided to check out a food market that is a little closer to my house than the local Superquinn. The store is called Donnybrook Fair. I found it because I was looking for a particular brand of sausages called Jane Russell's. Donnybrook Fair seemed to be my closest stockist. DH had sampled these sausages when he went to the Dublin Craft fair before Christmas and told me about them. This was an exciting discovery because my kids LOVE Irish sausages, but I am a little wary of the ingredients. These sausages seem to be very high quality and use oats instead of breadcrumbs. (I had checked the gluten free sausages at Superquinn and they contained soy flour. Not a substitution I'd be in favor of.) Anyway, enough about sausages- but I was eager to give these a try.

Jane Russell's Handmade Sausages
Donnybrook fair is about 20 minutes from my house, but I get to walk through the lovely Herbert park (click link for photos of Herbert park) on the way. I carried a shopping bag this time and left my trolley at home. Let me just tell you up front that this store is going to be a problem for me! What an amazing selection of enticing and beautiful food items. Naturally, its not cheap. So, I will have to be careful of how often I go there, but I certainly had fun today and I found my sausages.

Here are some of the food items that I ended up buying at Donnybrook Fair...


fruit, veg, milk, wine, orange infused alchoholic ginger beer, dark chocolate rice cakes


goose fat! coconut oil, ginger beet chutney, Irish sea salt and tuna fish in olive oil




No comments:

Post a Comment