Sunday, March 1, 2015

Knitting : Grey cable tunic sweater

Today I finished knitting my first sweater. Of course, it is grey.


I have actually been able to knit since I was about 7 years old. It's something that we learned in school in Ireland. I'm also very happy to say that both of my children were taught to knit in school last year too.

Anyway, prior to knitting this sweater, I had only ever knit scarves. Maybe three scarves total in my 35 years of being able to knit! My mom is such an amazing knitter, so I never bothered. I would just ask her to knit me what I wanted. 

A few months ago, I was invited to a "knit and stitch" night. My good friend, who is also an expert knitter, convinced me that I actually knew enough (plain, purl, cast on, cast off) to knit something other than a scarf and she showed me how to read a knitting pattern.

I headed to my favorite little wool and craft shop Winnie's Wool Wagon , I bought this Debbie Bliss pattern book:


I also bought ome beautiful bamboo needles (they were a little more expensive than the plastic ones, but so much prettier). I found the most beautiful grey wool,  Drops Andes Light Grey #9020  and got started on my "Cable Yoke Jumper"


I am so very excited. I want to wear my new sweater every day. I have been pinning and pinning sweaters to my to pinterest knitting board. I have joined Ravelry. I am now all set to embark on amassing the ultimate grey sweater collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment