Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Copenhagen with the kids

Realizing that I never finished posting about our trip to Denmark (and that it was the part of our trip specifically for me that I had left out) I revisit our weekend in Copenhagen.

We rented a very cool 2 bedroom apartment on airbnb. It was quite central, so we could easily walk all over the city. The kids were very impressed with the graffiti on the outside of the building and the skatepark across the road. (What I loved most about being across from the skatepark was the amount of light that was allowed into the apartment because there was no building across the road.)







I have always heard that Copenhagen is a very expensive city, but maybe that is from people who live somewhere other than Dublin. We didn't find it too bad. That said, because we were traveling as a family, we usually had breakfast and dinner in the rented apartment and only really needed to buy lunch on the go.

We had a great, relaxing city break and loved exploring the city on foot. We found it really easy to navigate! We visited the farmers market, playgrounds, the botanical gardens and of course the graves of Hans Christian Andersen and Kierkegaard.










On our second day, we visited the Aquarium.








On our last day, we visited the magical Tivoli Gardens. If you have kids (and even if you don't), its worth a trip to Copenhagen to see the Tivoli Gardens. Apparently, Tivoli Gardens is what inspired Walt Disney to create Disneyland. I am generally not a fan of theme parks, but Tivoli Gardens is something very special (and I unfortunately don't have good photos.)












And of course, no trip to Copenhagen would be complete without visiting The Little Mermaid!



No comments:

Post a Comment