This weekend we headed out to a little swimming hole that's not too far from Orlando, called Wekiva Springs. And yep, you read that correctly! "ALLIGATORS AND OTHER WILDLIFE MAY BE PRESENT."
No one else seemed too concerned, and there were plenty of people enjoying the crystal clear waters of the spring.
There was also an area where you could rent canoes and stand-up paddle boards to take down the river.
I forgot my suit, so I did like many other adults and just sat on the edge as the kids played in the water.
I also went for a little walk around the vicinity. (Do you see that crane in the water?)
Unfortunately the trail was closed due to the recent hurricane.
Though we didn't see any alligators, we did see turtles, catfish and even a snake!!!! in the water. The kids jumped out pretty quickly upon seeing the snake, but they didn't stay out for long. The nice thing is that the water was so clear, you would see anything that was swimming around very quickly.







No comments:
Post a Comment